Grove - Infrared Reflective Sensor v1.2 can be used for detection of proximity and color of objects. Light-colored objects directly in front of the sensor will reflect more infrared light as well as generate more current in the phototransistor than an object with dark-colored surfaces, this can be tell from a built-in indicator LED which will turn red with sufficient flow of current.
This sensor is a widely used in applications such as line-following robots, rotary speed detection, auto-data logging on utility meters or other situations where color or distance contrast is sharp.
- The reflective photosensor -RPR-220 used in this module consists of an infrared light emitting diode and a high –sensitivity phototransistor
- You can adjust the potential-meter on the back of the board if you want to detect a specific object (eg. Black line) at a certain distance
- The intensity of the reflective light increases as the object getting closer
- Panel-mounting Grove interface
- Measure distance through reflected light waves
- Triangulation: Angle of a reflected IR beam is measured
- Invisible to the naked eye
- Suitable to be used to measure complex objects
- Compact disc players
- Game machines
- Office automation equipment
- Line following robots
- Optical encoders
- Object counting
- Digital output: 0 or VCC
- Threshold adjustable via potentiometer
- Power supply: 3.5 – 5.5V DC
- Effective working distance: 4-15mm
- Minimum detectable width for monochrome lines: 10mm
- Connector: 4 pin Buckled Grove interface
- Dimension: 89mm x140mm x10.5mm
- RPR220 Reflective photosensor - Highly sensitive reflective photosensor
- LMV358 - rail-to-rail operational amplifier
- LED Indicator - The LED will switch on when the received infrared light intensity exceeds a preset level
- Light sensitivity adjustment potentiometer - adjust the sensitivity of photosensor to light
RPR220 Reflective photosensor - Highly sensitive reflective photosensor.
LMV358 - rail-to-rail operational amplifier.
LED Indicator - The LED will switch on when the received infrared light intensity exceeds a preset level.
Light sensitivity adjustment potentiometer - adjust the sensitivity of photosensor to light.