The Grove 8-channel solid state relay is based on the high-quality G3MC202P module, which allows you to use a 5VDC to control MAX 240VAC. With the help of the Grove interface, it becomes very convenient to use the SSR with your Arduino. SSR uses power semiconductor devices such as thyristors and transistors, which provide a much faster switching speed than mechanical relays. We use an onboard STM32F030F4P6 to control the channels separately. The command from Arduino is transmitted via the I2C interface, the on-board STM32F030F4P6 will parse the command so that you can control the switch you want.
- Low power consumption
- Zero cross
- Optional I2c address
- Eight-channel independent control
- Require low-latency switching, e.g. stage light control
- Dimensions 120mm x60mm x25mm
- Faster switching speeds because of no physical contacts to wear out.
- Silent operation with no sparking
- Increased lifetime
- Compact, thin-profile SSR of Monoblock construction with an all-in-one lead frame incorporates a PCB, terminals, and heat sink, which is much smaller than mechanical relays and can integrate more channels
- Devices that require high stability, e.g. medical devices, traffic signals
- Situations that require explosion-proof, anti-corrosion, moisture-proof, e.g. coal, chemical industries
Figure 1: Connection Inputs
Figure 2: Development Board Schematics