The 80cm Infrared Proximity Sensor is a General Purpose Type Distance Measuring Sensor based on Sharp GP2Y0A21YK, which is a wide-angle distance measuring sensor. This proximity sensor takes a continuous distance reading and returns a corresponding analog voltage with a range of 10cm (4") to 80cm (30").
This sensor is quite small and uses a tiny connector called the Japan Solderless Terminal (JST) connector. These connectors have three wires: Ground, VCC, and Output. Because the sensor fire continuously and doesn't need any clock to initiate a reading, it is easy to interface with any microcontroller. for the Seeeduino 4.2, the wire converts the 3-wire to 4-wire so that it can be compatible with the twig interface of Grove. You can apply it to TVs, personal computers, cars, and so on.
- Wide detection range: Non-contact distance detection area between 10cm to 80cm, and angle reach to 4``- 30``
- High-speed response rate: Sensor response time of only 39ms
- Simple digital output: Outputting digital signals is easier to handle
- Grove unified socket: The product ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications
- Compact size, easy to install: Small size is more conducive to carrying and installing in the place of detention
- Waterdrop conservation