Smart home has been long regarded as eco-friendly and energy-efficient by applying IoT technology. A simple energy efficiency definition is using less energy or fewer resources to complete the same task (UN’s Sustainable Goal 12: Sustainable Consumption and Production). You might be still wondering why you need an RMS AC voltage sensor for smart and sustainable home applications. The RMS AC voltage sensor allows you to monitor different voltage inputs and visualize the current-voltage status of your appliances.
For example, you can reduce power consumption by adjusting the voltage of a high-voltage appliance at home. Since we don't know what the threshold of the right voltage is, an RMS AC voltage sensor which helps you visualize the current-voltage status of the appliance.
This Grove Voltage Sensor is perfect for measuring RMS AC voltages for accurate DIY energy meters. It features adjustable gain for different voltage inputs (120V-240V AC), the fact that this sensor output is analog lets you integrate it with many different development boards, letting you decide on the sampling frequency, and ADC resolution without limitations. It’s accurate enough to measure the variations in voltage that high-power loads generate when they are turned on, making it a great choice for creating smart energy meters.
- High adaptability： It has gained for different voltage inputs (120V-240V AC)
- High compatibility: Using Analog as output, it can be compatible with many different development boards
- Accurately measure the voltage changes generated by high power loads when they are turned on
- Powerful IC: Equipped with MCP6002 core with Analog output
- Easy to Use: Just sample plug and play which allows you to easily add wireless capabilities.
- AC Voltage Meter.
- Smart Energy Monitoring.
- Machine Learning.
- Loads Identification.
- Home automation.
- IoT projects.
Figure: Device Schematics