This is an updated version of the Grove - I2C Color Sensor module. The new version is based on the color sensor TCS34725FN with digital output I2C. We also changed the circuit's layout based on the new sensor. Based on the 3*4 array of filtered photodiodes and 16-bits analog-to-digital converters, you can gain the color chromaticity of ambient light or the color of objects. Of the 16 photodiodes, 4 have red filters, 4 have green filters, 4 have blue filters and 4 have no filter(clear). With the synchronization input pin, the external pulsed light source can provide precise synchronous conversion control.
This module can be used to detect the color of the light source or the color of objects. When used to detect the color of the light source, the led switch should be turned off, and the light source should shine the sensor directly. When used to detect the color of things, the led should be on and you should put the object on the top of the enclosure closely. The theory of sensing the color of objects is Reflective Sensing Theory. Like the picture below.
- RGB LED backlight control
- Light color temperature measurement
- Ambient light sensing for display backlight control
- Fluid and gas analysis
- Product color verification and sorting
- TVs, mobile handsets, tablets, computers, and monitors
- Consumer and commercial printing
- Medical and health fitness
- Solid state lighting (SSL) and digital signage
- Industrial automation