Grove - IR Distance Interrupter is used to detect any object blocking the path of light, which is based on ITR9909. The ITR9909 consists of an infrared emitting diode and an NPN silicon phototransistor, encased side-by-side on a converging optical axis in a black thermoplastic housing, The phototransistor receives radiation from the IR only. This is the normal situation, but when an object is in between, the phototransistor could not receive the radiation. Any white (or lighter) colored surface reflects more than a black (or darker) colored surface.
When the reflected light is detected, it produces Digital HIGH (or Binary 1) output on the SIG pin. The onboard LED indicator will also glow. If no reflection is detected or if the object is too far from the sensor, the output on the SIG pin stays at Digital LOW (Binary 0). The onboard LED indicator will be off as well. The detectable range of this sensor is 7.5–40 cm. The module incorporates a Rail-to-Rail Operational Amplifier to amplify the output of the phototransistor. There is a potentiometer that can be used to adjust the gain of the amplifier, that is, the sensitivity of detection.
- Highly sensitive and reliable: With the support of the ITR9909 reflective photosensor, when the reflected light is detected, the high level can be quickly output.
- Longer detectable distance: Up to 40cm, making users more comfortable to use.
- Adjustable sensitivity for various occasions: The sensitivity of the sensor can be changed by simply adjusting the potentiometer with a screwdriver.
- More durable: No fear of easy damage.
- Grove unified socket: The sensor ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications.
- Mouse Copier
- Switch Scanner
- Floppy disk driver
- Non-contact Switching
- For Direct Board
- Line following robots
- Optical encoders
- Object counting applications
ITR9909 Reflective photosensor, Highly sensitive reflective photosensor.
LM393 operational amplifier, rail-to-rail operational amplifier.
LED Indicator, The LED will turn on when the received infrared light intensity exceeds a preset level.
Light sensitivity adjusting potentiometer, adjust the sensitivity of reflective photosensor to light.