Near Field Communication (NFC) is a set of short-range wireless technologies. It's behind daily applications such as access control systems and mobile payment systems.
Grove NFC features a highly integrated transceiver module PN532 which handles contactless communication at 13.56MHz. You can read and write a 13.56MHz tag with this module or implement point-to-point data exchange with two NFCs. Grove NFC is designed to use I2C or UART communication protocols, and UART is the default mode. In addition, we assign an independent PCB antenna that can easily stretch out of any enclosure you use, leaving more room for you to design the exterior of your project.
- Detection of long-distance: Max operating distance for detecting NFC tags is 28mm depending on the current antenna size
- The radio frequency of 13.56Mhz: Serve for contactless communication at 13.56MHz
- Support ISO14441 protocols: Support ISO14443 Type A and Type B protocols
- I2C/UART interface conversion: Support host interface: I2C, UART(default)
- Grove compatible interface: The product ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications of Grove
- Access control system
- Electric business card
- IC card
- Smart Home
- Electric toys
- IoT systems
- NFC pay
The default setting is UART, if you need to change it to I2C, then you should do some soldering at first.
Cut the following connections:
- TP1 to UART
- TP2 to RX
- TP3 to TX
Solder following connections:
- TP1 to I2C
- TP2 to SCL
- TP3 to SDA