The Grove – UV Sensor is used for detecting the intensity of incident ultraviolet(UV) radiation. This form of electromagnetic radiation has shorter wavelengths than visible radiation. The Grove - UV Sensor is based on the sensor GUVA-S12D which has a wide spectral range of 240~370nm. You can also use it to measure the UV Index which provides a scale to determine how intense the sun's UV is and therefore what kind of protective measures should be taken. For example, it will give your suggestion if it is a good idea to beach today.
The UV Index scale is published by the EPA and intended to give guidance to people on sun exposure and what protective measures to take to minimize damage from the sun.
- Excellent stability: The sensor works perfectly in extremely cold(-30℃) and hot temperatures(85℃).
- Outstanding sensitivity: Faster and more accurate reading of the results obtained by the sensor.
- Wide response range: With the support of the sensor (GUVA-S12D), it has a wide spectral range of 240~370nm.
- Low power consumption: 3.3/5V supply, suitable for many microcontrollers and SBCs.
- Grove unified socket: The sensor ensures "Plug and Play" and could be versatile for various applications.
- Printing industry for solvent handling and dyeing processes
- Chemical industry for the production, storage, and transportation of chemicals as well