The Power Shield, as the name implies, allows the Particle device to be powered from different types of power sources. The Power Shield is the best way to provide power to your mobile Particle projects. Based around the MCP73871 battery management controller, this shield allows you to simultaneously power a Photon and charge a connected Li-Ion or Li-Po battery. The Power Shield enables you to untether your wireless project.
- You'll also be able to monitor battery levels using the Photon itself
- On-board USB port
- You can also use an external DC power supply or solar-cell to charge the battery
- The shield has an intelligent battery charger and power management unit
- Wide input voltage regulator and an I2C based fuel-gauge
- You can power a Particle device with either a USB plug or a DC supply of anywhere from 7 to 20VDC and charge a 3.7V Li-Po battery all at the same time
- This shield ships with a 3.7V, 400mAh Li-Po battery and headers
- Designed for use with the Photon, backwards compatible with the Core
- Operating voltage: USB or External DC of 7 to 20V
- Current consumption: 500mA max (USB) & 1.2A max (other DC sources)
- Dimensions: 1" x 1.84"
- Charge status indicator LED's