Raspberry Pi Pico inherits Raspberry Pi well features, equipped RP2040 chip, providing good quality and fine performance in microcontrollers, yet offered at a relatively low price. It is perfect for beginners in electronics. Provided official and useful tools, multiple software examples, and documentation, it offers them a simple way to use and get started with microcontrollers, allowing for quick positive programming feedback.
There are 25 multi-function GPIO pins on the Pico, including communication ports like I2C, SPI, and UART, along with 8 programmable I/Os and so on. Equipped with an enhanced RP2040 chip, it can perform everything you need in IoT-controlling projects. And because of its small size and fine performance, it is very suitable for edge & embedded AI applications.
Difference between Raspberry Pi and Raspberry Pi Pico
Raspberry Pi Pico is a microcontroller where you can utilize its physical computing to control components such as sensors, LEDs, and motors to achieve some basic functions. You can also connect with other microcontrollers to build some great and interesting projects.
Unlike Raspberry Pi, the single board computer(SBC), Pico has not installed an operating system. Instead, it can be directly programmed to use, which makes it easier to control. If you want to get to know electronics, a microcontroller will present you with the intuitive feeling of mastering electronics.
- High Performance: Powered by RP2040 dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, running up to 133 MHz, including 2MB of onboard Flash memory, mounted 25 multi-function GPIOs
- Easy Development: Drag & drop programming over a USB through MicroPython & Arduino
- Design for Beginners/Children: Provide tons of projects and tutorials, allowing for quick positive programming feedback, getting started well with electronics
- Suitable for Embedded AI: Great Embedded Machine Learning platform by two cores of RP2040 chip and plenty of on-chip RAM, while also supporting TensorFlow Lite
- Intruder Detection
- Electronics learn based on Grove Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi Pico
- Home facilities control connect with other wireless microcontrollers
- Machine Learning Application
- IoT Application
Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
|264kB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
26 multifunction GPIO pins, including 3 analog inputs
|2× SPI, 2× I2C, 2× UART, 3× 12-bit ADC, 16× controllable PWM channels
|Power supply & Downloading interface
|USB Type-C interface
21 mm × 51 mm form factor
|-20°C to +85°C (Raspberry Pi Pico and Pico H); -20°C to +70°C (Raspberry Pi Pico W and Pico WH)
|Supported input power
|Accelerated floating point libraries on-chip
Figure: Device Schematics